Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Signs, Signs, Everywhere Signs

It's been a while since I last wrote- but as of right now, I still dont have any followers so I'm thinking thats ok ;)

Thanksgiving is over and the Holiday rush is on.  I'm one who usually shops all year round for Christmas gifts.  If I'm in a store and see something that someone would like, I'll pick it up,s a sunny, 85 degree July day,  and hope that I wont loose it when the big day actually comes around.  I haven't  even started...not one single bit.....!  Ive been so busy with my newest adventure in crafting.....

I have been seeing these handmade paper signs around.  So on Black Friday, I ventured out to the craft store (three times by the way, good thing it really is right around the corner for me).
I picked up some glitter, ribbon, glue and a holiday themed scrapbook pad of paper.  Everything else I already had stored up in the craft room!

I'm not one for measuring, so I found a little square plate.  One that sits on my coffee table holding a candle.  I used this to trace the squares and used my Martha Stewart (love her!) cutter (I'm sure that isn't the correct name, but its what I'm calling it these days.  Each piece came out perfectly as they are uniform in size.
I used my stencils to trace some deep green cardstock, cut them out, glittered them (whats a holiday without some glitter) and used a hole puncher to punch two holes on the top of each side of the square of paper. 
Using this adorable red ribbon, I strung them together and presto!
Disregard the digital thermometer in the center,  I have since replaced it with a flame less candle.  (see the photo below)

0 comments:

Post a Comment