Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Heart Crafts.

Martha Stewart is my idol minus the Camp Cupcake time. 
I self diagnosed myself as having crafters A.D.D.  So many ideas are circulating around in my head, and I often find myself starting one project then starting another, and another and so on until I have all these half crafted things around my house.

I thought I would start this blog as a way to "get back to basics" so to speak.  Start from the begining, square 1.  So, if there is anyone out there reading this, let me introduce you to my wonderful craft room.  What it was, what it took to get there and what it looks like today!
 When we first bought the house, all I cared about is what room would be my craft room.  Inevitably, it wound up being the room with all the great built in drawers, shelves and closet. 
After the room was decided, well...thats when the fun began.  Picking colors, flooring, taking the doors off the closets.  My Kevin was nice enough to lay down new floors and paint for me.  I only heard the phrase "I cant take this pink anymore" twice.  Pretty good, huh?  PS- I made sure that only the trim was pink because if the whole room was pink, I would have heard that phrase a lot more often!
 It took a lot of primer to cover this paneling!  But eventually it all came together and viola!

This is my ode to Where Women Create.  (Take a lookie here! at these inspiring rooms)  Not as extravagant as some of the women in these books/magazines, but it's on its way.  Now I just need to keep it organized!

0 comments:

Post a Comment