Sunday, December 12, 2010

Surprise!

Tonight is my big surprise....
I am going to announce that I have a blog on my jewelry Facebook page.  Maybe this isnt a big deal to you, but to me it is H-U-G-E.  If you are reading this, I would first like to apologize for my spelling, my grammar, and my sometimes run on sentences.

I've been keeping this blog a super secret since I started.....I wanted to see if I would get any followers on its own.  Unfortunately, it didn't.  So that's why I'm taking it to the big guns...Facebook.
At the time of this post, the only person who knows about this blog is Kevin, and that's only because I showed it to him yesterday morning.
I asked him "So what do you think? You think it's stupid?".  You know what I got as an answer?
"No Comment"!  Can you believe it? In his defense, he has never read a blog and isn't into crafts or anything that doesn't require a weekly lineup (Fantasy Football, ugh).  So it wasn't a big boost to my self confidence when he said that.  I was a little upset and started thinking..."He'll be whistling a different tune when I get so many followers that people want to pay me to advertise on my blog.  Or when I get free samples to try. Or when I walk down the street with people yelling "Jr. Martha..tell me how to do this, Jr. Martha I love your crafts!", etc.  PS- the last part will never happen as 1- thats not my name, and 2- things dont happen like that in Bay Shore.
So anyways, here I go.  Maybe when I wake up tomorrow I will actually have some followers.

Oh- and I finally figured out how to display those Xmas cards!  Thank goodness for command hooks.  The photo didn't come out to well, but I just used the ribbon I had left over from my banner sign (see post below) and a command hook.  I even hid the hole puncher in the garland on the stairs for easy access when more come.

My next craft up on the list is glittering pine cones for my tree (notice above there is only lights so far) .  These aren't any regular pine cones, these are the most awesome and fabulous pine cones ever as they came all the way from Fire Island via my Pops Ford/Dodge, etc....I cant keep up anymore..

3 comments:

  1. This is awesome! When did you start blogging? I can't wait to see what you post next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the card on top haha! Good luck with the blog, you can bet I will be checking it daily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that you have had this blog for a little bit, but I completely understand your feelings about blogging! My husband has no clue what a blog is and would be supportive, but completely clueless! :) I just started my blog to record memories, but I would love if it turned into something that others were interested in! Good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete